Event Management – Deutsche Bank
To redesign and replace DB’s event management software (dbIRS) which is a 15 year old, slow, non-intuitive system that is inconsistent across the bank. This has led to data inconsistencies by misinterpretation.
DbIRS is a clunky system that requires a lot of training to use. New and infrequent users often often make mistakes due to the bad user experience within the system, which in turn has led to much bigger issues such as huge loss of money for DB.
The primary goal of the new product (EMApp) is to improve completeness, timeliness and accuracy of event data captured by all users across the bank.
– Understanding and defining the needs, pains & gains of the user.
– Defining the main problems with dbIRS and working closely with the SME’s and frequent users in ideation sessions to brainstorm solutions.
– Creating rapid interactive prototypes. This is an integral part of the process as it allows the team to have a faster feedback loop, making it possible to visualise and verify ideas quickly. This enables the team to iteratively improve the product through user feedback whilst saving development time.
– Working closely with business and technology stakeholders in order to take into consideration business goals and technical constraints whilst creating intuitive experiences that are tailored to users’ needs.
– Leading the UX architecture work by creating user-journeys, flows, wireframes and finally high-fidelity designs
1. To allow frequent users and new users to efficiently input events without the need for training.
2. To improve data quality inputted to the system.
3. To quickly verify ideas in order to meet business go-live dates.
4. To create an intuitive experience throughout the architecture of the site.
INSIGHTS FROM RESEARCH
– Terminology used within the form is complex.
– Would like to have a progress indicator within the form.
– Multi choice questions are more efficient to answer than free-text fields.
– The lists/trees used for selecting areas within the bank are huge, so it’s very difficult to find the area/division you are looking for.
KEY INSIGHTS FROM TESTING
ADDED FEAUTURE FOR FREQUENT USERS
Quick links to a pre-poulated form were added to the landing screen. Users that create similar forms regularly are able to get an almost populated form only 1 click from the landing screen.
ADDED FEAUTURE FOR INFREQUENT USERS
A dynamic help section has been add to the right-hand side of the form. The user is given a more guided experience as they are given explainations and userful tips throught the journey of filling out the form.